Links 27 July - August 4 2011
I was profiled a few days ago in Le Monde. Note that the story has an error: I was a co-founder of Cairo magazine, not of the Cairo Times (where I worked for several years after it was founded in 1997.)
A few links — but neither the blog posting nor the links will go back to their regular schedule until late August, as I am on holiday and frequently traveling.
- Egypt media gains reversed by military rulers
- Boston Review — Josh Wood: Underground In Beirut
Profile of a Syrian activist.
- The New York Times
NYT Shadid - #Islamists Flood Square in Cairo in Show of Strength #Tahrir #Jul29 #Jan25 #Egypt
- Egypt: Torrid post-revolutionary times | The Economist
- Mubarak's refusal to eat puts doubt on trial date
- Egypt's army head blames foreign intervention
Straight from the Mubarak playbook.
- The Cult That Is Destroying America - NYTimes.com
Centrism and "balance" — applicable in Middle East politics too.
- Egypt women’s org calls for female governors - Bikya Masr
Egypt women's org calls for female governors -
- (500) http://printmag.com/Article/Scenes-from-a-Revolution
Ursula Lindsey on the visual wit of Tahrir, with images from @TahrirDocuments, @arabist, @Sarahcarr, and more.