Links 16-17 September 2011
- Libya: How They Did It by Nicolas Pelham | The New York Review of Books
- Islamists hit at Libya’s liberal leadership - FT.com
Sheikh Ali Salabi attacks Mahmoud Jibril.
- Syrian rebels unite to woo academic - FT.com
On Burhan Ghalioun
- The Career of Jeffrey Feltman | Al Akhbar English
Asaad Abukhalil, being angry.
- The “Confessions of a Dog” | Al Jadid
On living in a dictatorship.
- Today's Worst Use of the Passive Voice
Great Abu Muqawama post on WaPo's reporting on the Israel-Egypt border killings.
- Seize the moment for a new golden age of coercive diplomacy - FT.com
Interesting argumemt by Ray Takeyh.
- From promised land to guarded land - Haaretz
Funny insights here.
- FBI: "Mohammad was a cult leader & mainstream American Muslims are terrorist sympathizers!"
- Libya and CEE: What Libya can learn from Eastern Europe | The Economist
Should apply to Tunisia and Egypt too.
- Fact-finding mission say Tahrir protesters didn't attack embassy; 15 groups condemn clashes