Links 9-10 January 2012
- When Victory Becomes an Option: Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood Confronts Success - Carnegie
By Nathan Brown.
- An Arab Citizen - مواطن عربي: Highlights Of Ali El Selmi's Democratic Transition Plan
- The Oslo Syndrome | Souciant
- A metro for Gaza – unveiling the underground | Babelmed
Inspired by tunnels.
- AFP: Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood in high-level US talks
- Egypt Goes Back to the IMF for Loan - WSJ.com
- Petit précis de drague à l’algérienne – Afro-Maghreb
Romance Algerian style.
- Sheldon Adelson, a Billionaire, Gives Gingrich a Big Lift - NYTimes.com
Wonder if Newt got the big check before or after denying the existence of Palestinians.
- Iranian scientist involved in nuclear program killed in Tehran bomb attack - WaPo
- Public ire one goal of Iran sanctions, U.S. official says - The Washington Post
Interesting correction on the article.
- Egyptian ex-Minister causes uproar at LSE
- Goodbye Ibrahim Aslan | Al-Masry Al-Youm
On the late writer.
- Egyptian tycoon faces ‘tweet’ trial - FT.com
- Baheyya: The Art of Ibrahim Aslan
via @zeinobia who reminded me of this great post on Aslan.
- Why Ron Paul may actually have something right | Stephen M. Walt
- tabsir.net » The Islamists are coming, the Islamists are coming
- Brian Whitaker's blog - Syria and the 'Zio-American plot'
BW takes on Byrne and Conflicts Forum.
- M of A - Sanctions On Iran - Economic Pain For The "West"
- Tunisie: Ennahda entre le feu et le salafisme
More on Manouba University.
- Women, revolution, and army | Al-Masry Al-Youm
By Khaled Fahmi
- Romney, the Curse of the Trochee « LRB blog
By the wonderful Eliot Weinberger.
- Coptic businessman on trial over cartoon | Al-Masry Al-Youm
Cannot believe it's going to trial.
- Santorum warns of "Eurabia," issues call to "evangelize and eradicate" Muslims | Al Akhbar English
- Muslim Brotherhood Backs Egyptian Military’s Transition Date - NYT
Interview with the pretty unreliable Essam al-Erian.
- (4) المصريين الأحرار يقاطع انتخابات مجلس الشورى
Presser from Free Egyptians denouncing electoral fraud and calling for cancellation of Shura Council elections.
- A View Inside Iran - Alan Taylor - In Focus - The Atlantic
- Novelist Ibrahim Aslan dies at 77 - Books - Ahram Online
RT @AhramBooks: Novelist Ibrahim Aslan dies at 77 via @ahramonline