Links 19-22 October 2012
- Christie’s sale of Egypt art piece poised to generate $4.5m
For Mamdouh Saeed painting.
- Cairobserver — AN URGENT APPEAL: SAVE DAHSHUR RESERVOIR
- Egypt to discuss $2 billion aid from Algeria: paper | Reuters
Algeria on a roll - it also just became a lender to the IMF.
- Kuwait security forces break up mass protest - FT.com
- The fate of the ‘Brotherhoods’ outside Egypt | Egypt Independent
- Syrian Government Booby-Traps Rebels’ Ammunition - NYT
- Church Appeal on Israel Angers Jewish Groups - NYT
- U.S. and Iran Deny They Plan One-on-One Nuclear Talks - NYT
Never mind then.
- Jordan Arrests Group in Amman Attack Plot - NYTimes.com
Convenient timing for regime.
- Egypt's Workers – From Protest Movement to Organized Labor
- Borderline Chaos? Securing Libya’s Periphery - Carnegie
What a mess.
- Low vote turnout deals blow to West Bank leaders | Egypt Independent
- U.S. Officials Say Iran Has Agreed to Nuclear Talks - NYT
- Ladyboys in the Gulf - By Sulome Anderson | Foreign Policy
Just for the headline.
- Insulting the Sultan in Oman - By Peter Salisbury | The Middle East Channel
- Mali can look to the strategy in Somalia - FT.com