Links 7-11 November 2012
Happy birthday, Baha'ullah.
- Despite official objections, Brotherhood cleric lectures police | Egypt Independent
- Morsi to make his first US visit as president of Egypt: Ambassador - The Balance Sheet - Egypt - Ahram Online
- In Egypt streets, Islamists throw weight around | Reuters
The governor of Minya should be sacked.
- Who calls shots at Egypt's presidential palace, analysts ask - Ahram Online
- Muslim Brotherhood Statement on Islamic Law and National Identity - Ikhwanweb
"There is no doubt that Islamic Sharia is the most important component of the Egyptian personality"
- Structure before content on Islam and the state - Ahram Online
- Egypt Has Yet to Present Reform Plan, IMF Says - WSJ.com
Any day now.
- EGPC’s Revolving Door: Chairman of Egypt’s State-run oil company to stand down « REBEL ECONOMY
And has massive LE200bn debt.
- Saudis face 'seeds of discord' trial
Brian Whitaker on the new Saudi interior minister.
- Brookings and the Syrian uprising — Gregg Carlstrom
On the think tank's advocacy for Syria's rebels.
- Conseil national syrien. Composition et analyse du nouveau Secrétariat général | Un oeil sur la Syrie
Full list of new Syrian opp council members.
- Le nouveau président du Conseil national syrien, pédagogue et militant de terrain
Bio of George Sabra.
- FJP: We will have more Copts run in coming elections | Egypt Independent
- The anxieties of Egyptian citizens under authoritarian rule - Ahram Online
- A New Approach to Palestinian Aid - By Nadia Hijab, Alaa Tartir, and Jeremy Wildeman | The Middle East Channel
- David Petraeus resigns as CIA director - The Washington Post
- Obama's Victory: Reactions From the Arab Press - Al-Monitor: the Pulse of the Middle East