- The Good, The Bad, The Elazul: Egypt: A "Civil War" is here.
Interesting speculation on the MB's numbers game in Cairo and governorates.
- Meet Egypt’s Mr Mursi: a president without checks and balances
level-headed, comprehensive rundown on #Morsi declaration by @hahellyer
- BBC - Radio 4 iPM - 24/11/2012
BBC's Jehad Mashrrawi on his baby Omar killed this week. "He only knew how 2 smile"
- Raid on Egyptian Island Fuels Discontent With Army, Morsi - Al-Monitor: the Pulse of the Middle East
Deadly army raid on Nile island provokes memories of the days of Mubarak:
- Press release: EU should freeze European financial assistance to Egypt
EU should freeze European financial assistance to Egypt: EUMP @MarietjeD66
- Muftah » Freedom of Expression Under Threat – an Open Letter from Ganzeer
- Syrian Refugees Struggle in Egypt - Al-Monitor
Girls marrying for financial support to families.
- Absolute Power: Morsi’s Decree Stuns Egyptians - Al-Monitor
- English text of Morsi's Constitutional Declaration - Ahram Online
- Mali : L'Algérie ne veut pas d'«une guerre dans son voisinage immédiat»
- Ghozlan: Morsi Constitutional Declaration in Line with Popular Will and Revolutionary Demands - Ikhwanweb
- Day after president brokered Gaza truce, Egypt’s Brotherhood leader slams peace with Israel - The Washington Post
- Behind the scenes of Israel's decision to accept Gaza truceIsrael News - Haaretz Israeli News source.
- Google's 'Arabic Web Days' to Boost Arabic Web Content
- Egypt to import Turkish-made aerial drones: Report - Ahram Online
- Laura Ingraham Misses Egyptian Dictator Hosni Mubarak | Crooks and Liars
- Guidance Bureau instructs Brotherhood leaders to refrain from provocative statements | Egypt Independent
aka the "Essam al-Erian rule"
- Jordanian Tremors: Illusive Consensus, Deepening Discontent
ECFR Memo on Jordan unrest. [PDF]
- Turkey's anti-evolutionist showgirls | Dazed Digital
The weirdest thing I've seen in a while.
- When the Smoke Clears in Gaza : The New Yorker
Towards one state.
- The Long Road To A Moderate Hamas | The New Republic
- The tragic fate of Sinai's dual-nationals - Ahram Online
Reposting this by our friend Nabil Shawkat.
- Rights group: Egypt has arrested more than 300 children, tried many as adults in past year - The Washington Post
- Egypt Pays Less Than Spain for Euros as IMF Talks Persist - Businessweek
Egypt, still #toobigtoofail apparently.
- BBC News - Gaza crisis: Israel ground invasion plan 'on hold'
- BBC News - Egypt rights groups and ElBaradei denounce Mursi decree
- From Bad Cop to Good Cop: The Challenge of Security Sector Reform in Egypt | Brookings Institution
- BBC News - Syria Islamist fighters in Aleppo reject new opposition
Guess who wasn't invited (to Aleppo either for that matter)
- Top 25 Airlines Condé Nast Traveler
Can't believe Egypt Air did not make it.
- Gulf states plan fresh arms spending - FT.com
GCC buys more insurance with Western mil-ind complex.
- Washington warily watches emerging new Egypt - POLITICO.com
Meanwhile, Cairo still afraid of old US.
- Iraq PM warns Kurd security forces to stay put
Meanwhile in Iraq...
- Bolstering the Constitutional Declaration to Strengthen Transitional Governance in Libya | Atlantic Council
- All local council elections set to be banned until after permanent Constitution is ratified | Libya Herald
- Stop pretending the US is an uninvolved, helpless party in the Israeli assault on Gaza | Glenn Greenwald | Comment is free
- “No” to constitution establishing political and theocratic tyranny; Egyptian rights groups reject draft constitution
- The Politics of Trains
On the Manfalot train disaster.
- Colonial Experiments in Gaza
Israel's colonial experiments in #Gaza: a 'bloody ritual' to demonstrate mastery
- Gulf States Rethink Ties to Muslim Brotherhood - Al-Monitor: the Pulse of the Middle East