Links 4-6 November 2012
Below are the links. I also have this piece in the IHT's Latitude on the new Coptic pope. It was written before the statements he made regarding the constitution, linked below, which I consider quite important in the current context.
Oh yeah, and mabrouk ya Obama. Can we close Gitmo and fewer drones now? And regime change in Israel?
- The Permanent Militarization of America - NYTimes.com
- Looking for Revolution in Kuwait | MERIP
- Room for Debate | Introduction | Tanqeed
New site on Pakistan.
- Pregnant teenager is a virgin, Dubai Police doctor says - The National
An immaculate conception!
- AP: Egypt's new pope opposes religious constitution
- Deeply frustrated with Myanmar massacres, Egypt summons ambassador | Egypt Independent
- SNC in sharp response to US’s Syria initiative
- Cameron backs safe passage for Assad
- Censors demand script change for play critical of ruling regime
- Tawadros: State needs to reassure Copts
- 512 Paths to the White House - Interactive Feature - NYTimes.com
- Habemus baba
On the new Coptic pope.
- Will the Kurds Get Their Way? - Ofra Bengio - The American Interest Magazine
Let's hope not.
- Frontline Club The future of fixers in foreign reporting
- EDITIONS FAYARD - Dans les coulisses du Proche-Orient
Veteran journalist Eric Rouleau's memoirs.
- Day before 25 January, Morsy derided protester organizers as 'kids,' says activist | Egypt Independent
Consistent with MB stance.
- François Hollande renoue avec l'Arabie saoudite
- Jordan's Muslim Brotherhood blasts Halloween party as 'Satanic' - The National
- Egyptian Police Continue Beatings, Get Raises | Al Akhbar English
- الوفد - حبيب العادلي يعتنق الفكر السلفي ويعترف.. في السجن: عرفت ربي
Habib al-Adly is now Salafi.
- Egypt's belly dancer Fifi Abdou sues government over 'tips' - Ahram
Should not be taxed, she says.
- BREAKING: Bishop Tawadros chosen as Egypt's 118th Coptic Pope - Ahram Online