Links 5-6 December 2012
Di-sas-ter. I am still on the road, hope to post something longer on the crisis. Too much rush judgement nowadays.
- Head of committee overseeing Egypt constitution referendum resigns - Ahram Online
There's a ringing endorsement.
- Egypt deserves better | Egypt Independent
Maria Golia - with good insights on Morsi banking on public weariness.
- Egypt Makes its Case in Washington - NYTimes.com
Morsi team making a good impression, it seems.
- Egypt's political crisis: A state of suspension | The Economist
Max Rodenbeck on the situation (audio)
- TV5MONDE : Les juges prennent la tête de la contestation en Egypte
Fascinating interview on Egyptian judges.
- Proposed Egyptian constitution would limit media freedom
Committee to Protect Journalists
- In Egypt's Constitutional Endgame, Chaos Is the Rule | TIME.com
- Egypt slips in corruption index despite Arab spring | Maan News Agency
- Morsi has left Egypt on the brink - FT.com
- BBC News - Egypt crisis: Clashes in Cairo amid constitution row
- Muslim Brotherhood Statement: People Protect Legitimacy and Vote for New Constitution
- BREAKING: Presidential aides Abdel-Fattah, Sayyad resign to protest Brotherhood domination - Politics - Egypt - Ahram Online
- Four More Years | MERIP
Mouin Rabbani and Chris Toensing on Obama.
- WASHINGTON: U.S. might name Syrian rebel Nusra Front a foreign terrorist group | World | ADN.com
- The Quiet American
Profile of football coach Bob Bradley.
- Judiciary divided over supervision of the referendum | Egypt Independent
- Watching Syria's War - NYTimes.com
Torture of man made to say Bashar better than god.
- Exiled Hamas leader Khaled Meshaal to visit #Gaza for 1st time in 45 years to mark anniversary & repair split in ranks
- Salafist Intimidation Campaign Threatens Young Democracy in Tunisia - SPIEGEL ONLINE