Links 14-16 February 2012
A bunch of different things.
- Disarming Libya’s Militias - Sada
- Policing Reform & Reforming Police - SadaExum & Stuster advocate a US role in Egypt and Tunisia police reform.
- (Un)Historic Errors: Bahrain One Year On
- Assad calls vote on new 'democratic' constitution - The NationalPathetic.
- Jadaliyya Launches Syria Page
- Egypt on the Brink: An Exclusive Look at the Hunted Men Who Brought Growth and ReformJudith Miller paints a flattering portrait of YBG.
- Q&A: Nir Rosen on Syria's protest movement - Al Jazeera English
- AFP: US lawmakers warn US-Egypt ties nearing 'precipice'
- Egypt and the growing problem of global inflation - Term Sheet
- After surviving sectarian mob, Egyptian Christians expelled from village - CSMonitor.comBy Kristen Chick
- No Arab Spring for Egypt's Bedouin - Opinion - Al Jazeera EnglishOn Bedouins in Sinai.
- The Political Outlook for Syria | Chatham House
- Coptic evictions test Egyptian Islamists - FT.com
- Fayza Abul Naga Presses Inquiry Against U.S. in Egypt - NYTimes.comNYT gives perhaps too much power to F.A.N.
- The Dilemmas of Israeli Power - NYTimes.comCohen on Beinart's new book on Zionism.
- A paid killer in Syria describes his work - CNN.com
A paid killer in Syria describes his work #cnn
- Direct negotiations: Recipe for prolonging the occupationNoam Sheizaf.
- L'Hôte: because policing the discourse is punk rock
Best riposte I've seen to Spencer Ackerman's piece on Isr-1ers.
- Friends disappear as vengeance still stalks across Libya - The NationalMust-read on revenge killings in Libya.
- Report: Moroccan student sentenced to 3 years in prison for insulting king in online video - The Washington Post
- Egypt Cabinet Minister Says US Funded Nonprofits To Create Chaos | Fox NewsF.A.N. must go!
- Save Us from the Liberal Hawks - By David Rieff | Foreign PolicyWow.
- Freedom & Justice Party FJP
Recommendations of The Committee on Defense and National Security
- Former Head of Algeria's Military Dies - ABC News
Shadowy member of shadowy #Algeria military elite dies; created15,000-man anti-terrorism force