A panorama of Middle Eastern wonkery.
- Comment des tweets d’anniversaire ont déclenché une « guerre internet de quatrième génération » en Arabie saoudite !
On Hamza Kashgari.
- April 6 to hold first internal election | Egypt Independent
Maybe that will lead to more clarity.
- Men to protest return of the National Council for Women | Egypt Independent
- PA refers young MP to special committee to investigate Tantawi slander
Ziad Eleimy scolded for insulting Tantawy.
- Qordoba - Translation of the Syrian Constitution Modifications 15-2-2012
- Naher und Mittlerer Osten - الشرق: Mali`s Tuareg rebellion: A catastrophe in the making
- U.S. leverage over Egypt: Use it or lose it – Global Public Square
Interesting - Israelis advocating US withhold part of US aid. Because they get a voice in that debate.
- Politics | US lacks a champion in the new Egypt
- 'Egypt to deliver fuel to Gaza after energ... JPost
- African migrants headed to Israel tell of torture in Sinai desert by smugglers - thestar.com
Sinai Bedouin a-holes.
- If Khader Adnan was anything but Palestinian | Mondoweiss
- Sudan police raid university dorm, arrest hundreds | Egypt Independent
Change Now movement heating up.
- Statement on Hunger Strike of Khader Adnan by Palestinian Human Rights Organizations
- Egypt sets NGO trial date, escalating rift with US - AP
Feb. 26 is not an escalation - it's expedited.
- Video Blog, Episode 5 - By Marc Lynch | The Middle East Channel
- Egypt Expects IMF Loan Deal - WSJ.com
At 1.2% interest rate!
- Port Said: Pariah city - Ahram Online
- Abdrabu Mansur Hadi, the enigmatic general to take charge in Yemen - The National
- A year on, Morocco's democracy movement founders
On #feb20 movement.
- The Islamists, the Economy, and the People - Opinion - Ahram Online
The Islamists, the Economy, and the People via @ahramonline
- Conservatives call for Obama to intervene in Syria | The Cable
Those names look familiar...
- The Arab spring: A long march | The Economist
On the Muslim Brothers. Morocco's PJD not really MB tho.
- Why the Egyptian Military Fears a Captain's Revolt - By Patrick Galey | Foreign Policy
Some truth here, but too few sources.
- THE DAILY STAR :: The laughter is dying down in Egypt
- Replacing Mubarak - Interview with Amr Moussa | Foreign Policy
- The Price of Dissent in Saudi Arabia | The Nation
- La Tunisie remet la "construction maghrébine" au goût du jour - LeMonde.fr
- Breaking: Brotherhood to pick their presidential candidate in 48 hours - Politics - Egypt - Ahram Online
- Muslim Brotherhood Opposed Women’s Council Reform | Al Akhbar English
- Egyptian Parliament: Beyond a Talking Shop | Al Akhbar English
- Tunisie : Comment récupérer ce que Ben Ali & co nous ont volé ? : Nawaat de Tunisie – Tunisia
- Ring of Iranian Bases Threatens US | Informed Comment
Juan Cole presents fascinating map of US bases in ME encircling but not controlling oil-rich Iran+Iraq
- Why the Egyptian Military Fears a Captains' Revolt - By Patrick Galey | Foreign Policy
- From exile to engagement - FT.com
"Hamas moves to moderation"
- Parliament Review: Facts and follies | Egypt Independent
- Was 11 February a failure? | Egypt Independent
Excellent op-ed by Ahmad Shokr.