Links 25-26 February 2012
Recent posts on The Arabist:
- The Factory
- And now for a radical neo-Marxist economics break
- Morocco, the Gulf and the media
- The best thing you'll read on Syria
- The staggeringly stupid fallout of the US-Egypt aid debacle
- Will Fox News fire Tucker Carlson for calling for genocide?
- Egypt's cobra and mongoose | Egypt Independent
The Brothers vs. the army.
- Qatar PM calls for arming Syrian rebels | Reuters
Will Jordan and Turkey comply? And what impact on Leb?
- Egypt Trial of Aid Workers Delayed - WSJ.com
- Into the Snake Pit: The US and Restructuring the Military in Yemen | Waq al-Waq | Big Think
- Tunisia: Police Use Tear Gas and Batons to Disperse Labor Union Protest
i.e., normal protests.
- Syrians should beware of some of their foreign 'friends'
Wise words from Brian Whitaker.
- The Brotherhood and Gulf security | Egypt Independent
Sultan Q. gets to "meet the boss".
- Al-Ahram Weekly | Egypt | Working for a would-be president
Good overview of candidates' staffers.
- Saving the nonviolent revolution in Syria: For a credible strategy - Ahram
Sadik al-Azm, Jane Mansbride and Chibli Mallat.
- Egypt’s revolution: The next draft | The Economist
Review of Steve Cook's and Ashraf Khalil's new books.
- Egypt begins trial against foreign and domestic NGOs - The Washington Post
No foreigners in cage.
- Insight: As government-in-waiting, Egypt's Brotherhood finds voice | Reuters
On MB role in Egypt's Syria policy, in particular.
- Popular Media Personality: The U.S. Has the Moral Authority to Annihilate Iran Because They’re Evil
Fox News' Tucker Carlson says.
- Bailed Out AIG Posts Huge "Beat" On Tax Gimmick, Will Avoid Paying Taxes For Years | ZeroHedge
Why should I pay any taxes then?
- Fighting censorship on principle - Al Jazeera English
Jillian York on why the attempts to ban porn in Tunisia matter.
- [toread] Accused Tunisian publisher says naked picture is not immoral - Region - World - Ahram Online
Accused Tunisian publisher says naked picture of Sami Khedira's girlfriend not immoral via @ahramonline