Links 17-19 April 2012
On a more regular schedule from now on, inch'allah...
- Bahrain Weekly Update
Exhaustive source of info on Bahrain + rights.
- Activist group: Hasty constitution writing could bring chaos | Egypt Independent
- Clarification Regarding Statements Attributed to Dr. Beltagy - Ikhwanweb
Beltagy freelancing again...
- EU Must Back Palestinians Cut Off from Farmlands by Israel | Human Rights Watch
- Top Islamists, Mubarak VP confirmed out of Egypt vote | Reuters
Egypt upholds bans on presidential front-runners
- UAE Targets Lebanese Nationals in Deportation Campaign | Al Akhbar English
- Egypt | Islamists Are Coming
New books has chapters by Shehata, Anani.
- Statement of the Muslim Brotherhood and the Leaders of the Evangelical Church in Egypt « A Sense of Belonging
- The capital of Arab comics: Algiers, Beirut, Cairo or Dubai? - Your Middle East
- Guantanamo Watchers Say Obama Gets Away With Legal Moves Bush Wouldn’t | TPMMuckraker
- In Egypt, the poor make a living off subsidized propane - latimes.com
Another great ground-level story by J. Fleishman.
- Daily chart: Lost (or gained) in translation | The Economist
Arabic among most concisive languages, great for Twitter.
- Sarkozy calls for Syria aid corridors | Reuters
- Children among 200 killed in a week in Yemen - FT.com
- Kuwait's Legislative Absurdity: Kuwaiti MPs Approve Death Penalty for “Cursing God”
- Of Herrings and Elephants: Benny Morris and "Palestinian Rejectionism" - The Daily Beast
Daniel Levy: "Morris heaps deceit upon deceit."
- BBC News - MPs in Khartoum brand South Sudan 'enemy' state
- Egypt is creaking under the weight of revolution, but it will survive | Magdi Abdelhadi
Good piece, but surely Egyptians are hoping for more than survival - they could have survived fine under Gamal Mubarak.
- Egypt's self-counter-revolution
- Nile Journey - Photo Gallery - Pictures, More From National Geographic Magazine
#Egypt in the moment -- nice photo-gallery