Links 24-25 April 2012
I'm off to Alexandria to eat some fish. And speak at Ecrire La Mediterranée, a literary festival.
- Knesset members celebrate latest E. Jerusalem settlement by posing on evicted Palestinian family's sofa
- The motives and consequences of legislative intrusion - Ahram Online
- Elections law under attack | Osama Al Sharif | The Jordan Times
Don't expect Jordan's disappointing new election law to produce a better Parliament; activists despair
- Rare inside view of Syria’s rebels finds a force vowing to fight on | McClatchy
Great reporting on the FSA.
- Sudan's Bashir, in Heglig, vows no peace talks as jets hit Bentiu in South Sudan | McClatchy
The war is on.
- Is a Unified Yemen Possible? - Al-Monitor
- THE DAILY STAR :: Israel to start work on Lebanon border wall
- Libya bans religious parties under new law
- Tribal Governance and Stability in Yemen - Carnegie
- Arab Reform Initiative | Yemen after the Elections: A Fragile Agreement and a Complex Situation
- Maan News Agency: Clampdown on Palestinian media spreads to the Web
- Egypt comedian found guilty of offending Islam
- Ronald Searle Tribute: Secret Agent Searle
British Anti-Nasser propaganda comics from '56.
- No justice from military courts in British activist's rape case | Egypt Independent
- Moroccan PM in rare criticism of king's entourage | Reuters
- Lost in Transition: The World According to Egypt’s SCAF - International Crisis Group
- Dear Mona Eltahawy: You do not represent “Us”
A pretty weak rebuttal to Tahawy's FP piece.