Links 18-23 June 2012
On the road and neglecting posting the links. Remember you can always see my links (and more stuff that's not posted here) on my Twitter timeline, or the last few dozen on the links section of the site.
- Declaration of Winner Is Said to Be Near in Egypt - NYTimes.com
The pic on this is awesome.
- Last Call: Will the revolution or the counter-revolution write Egypt history? - Opinion - Ahram Online
- Tensions run high as Egyptians await runoff results | TribLIVE
- FJP to sue newspaper over sabotage, coup accusations | Egypt Independent
- The Third Intifada Is Inevitable - NYTimes.com
- MB flaunts confrontation chip : EgyptMonocle
- Carter mission head: Brotherhood, Nour Party promised Egypt will remain civil state | Egypt Independent
- The Weekend Interview With Khairat Al Shater: The Brother Who Would Run Egypt - WSJ.com
The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - Bassem Youssef
Truly one of the best things to come out of Jan. 25.
- Pouvoir and Agency | The Moor Next Door
- Egypte : "Aucun des acteurs de la transition ne sait où il va"
Interview with Rob Malley.
- Un investisseur du Qatar rachète le Martinez à Cannes et le Concorde Lafayette à Paris
Qatar on French palace buying spree.
- Why Iran Should Get the Bomb | Foreign Affairs
- More on the Protests in Khartoum
Not getting enough attention.
- Egypt’s ‘Security State’ and Israel
- Anouar Abdel-Malek, 1924-2012
- Syria’s defiant women risk all to protest against President Bashar al-Assad
- A ride through hell by scooter: A video tour through Syria’s most ravaged and ghostly city
- Oman: Waking up too | The Economist
Another looming succession problem.
- The Arab spring: Egypt in peril | The Economist
"Back the Islamists"
- Saudi Arabia: The long day closes | The Economist
- Sandmonkey telling Obama Administration to BACK OFF Egypt ! - YouTube
- Saudi Revolutionaries: An Interview
- ElBaradei urges formation of mediation committee to solve Egypt crisis - Politics - Egypt - Ahram Online
- Printing house workers protest, accused of forging voting ballots - Politics - Egypt - Ahram Online
- Egypt's January 25 Revolution haunted by 'military coup,' warn analysts - Politics - Egypt - Ahram Online
- Egypt has not had a coup, merely a return to the 1950s - FT.com
- In Egypt, a President Without Power | The Nation
It's actually not entirely clear.
- Sudan cracks down on students protesting against living costs | The Observers
- What is behind Obama's new Africa strategy? - Al Jazeera English
Paul Mutter featured here.
- The Tunisian Political Spectrum: Still Unbalanced - Carnegie Endowment
- ONTV's Yosri Fouda suspends Egypt show over alleged censorship - Politics - Egypt - Ahram Online
- Egyptian military source: 'SCAF won't let Brotherhood seize power' - Ahram Online
- The role of Egypt’s judiciary in post-Mubarak political conflicts - Ahram Online
- ضياء رشوان يكشف حقيقة كتيب الحرية والعدالة - YouTube
Diaa Rashwan makes a case against MB claims.
- Political statements at the Criminal Court - Ahram Online
Excellent piece by Amr Shalakany.
- Intrigue Over Mubarak Condition Intensifies as Lawyer Offers New Account - NYTimes.com
- [toread] Algeria's elite at loggerheads over next president | Reuters
A succession crisis, elite fissures in Algeria could 'shatter the country's fragile stability'
- Lawyer says Mubarak in stable condition, but confusion still reigns - The Washington Post
“Torah prison hospital is not a real hospital" - not comforting for the prisoners there.
- In Syria's Homs, sectarian spoils of war at bargain prices | Reuters
Nasty quotes there.
- AFRICOM Forms Military Relationship With Libya
- International - Thanassis Cambanis - Is Anyone Ready to Actually Lead Egypt? - The Atlantic
Too harsh on parliament I think.
- Facing Tear Gas
May be useful in the days ahead.
- Political Opportunity of Another Sort in Sinai | The Smoke-Filled Room
- Court postpones cases over decree giving military right to make arrests | Egypt Independent