Links 14-17 July 2012
Still taking suggestions for the link dumps for another round.
- Egypt’s deafening three-letter yell | Egypt Independent
- Postponement amid court chaos - DNE
Ugly scenes from today's session.
- Blanket Thinkers « Qunfuz
Important post on silly leftists and their take on Syria.
- The Fading of Tahrir Square | Foreign Affairs
- Dear Leader, Could We Have A New Military Museum? (Part II) | Eric Schewe
- Egyptians to Government: Focus on Jobs
Latest from Gallup offers no surprise.
- Thousands stage strike at Egypt textile giant | Reuters
- Morocco’s ‘luxury prisons’ stir controversy
Typical and revolting.
- Land rights, labor and violence in a Cairo slum | Egypt Independent
Must-read local journalism.
- Islamists' hold over Mali threatens Europe, diplomat warns | Guardian
Mali, from democracy to intervention target.
- .:Middle East Online::In Syria, Cameras are sometimes as powerful as Kalashnikovs:.
- Terrified villagers tell of the horror of Tremseh - The Independent
- The U.S.-Egyptian relationship: It's complicated - latimes.com
Miller, writing about a country he probably he hasn't set foot in in years.
- Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood: Between a Present with Qatar and a Future with Libya | Atlantic Council
Good piece by Sultan Qassemi.
- The Only Alternative is War | Souciant
Plitnick on the Levy report.
- Tunisie-L’Obsession salafiste – Tawa fi Tunis
- ElBaradei calls on Egypt's powers to draft new constitutional addendum - Ahram Online
Amen: "away from anger and mistrust, we have to start a national conversation"
- nisralnasr: Political Conflict and Legal Maneuvering
- Revolutionary group calls for disbanding supreme court | Egypt Independent
- The Bold Comedians of Syria Strike Back | The Global Mail