Links 11-18 September 2012
- Saudis offer extra oil to control prices - FT.com
- Eye Contact Quells Online Hostility: Scientific American
Israeli researchers find.
- Egypt: Slew of anti-Zionist films in the works
Pls put these people back in jail.
- U.S. aid to Egypt stalled - The Washington Post
- Egypt Fans the Flames | Foreign Affairs
This take is wrong. Morsi's mistake was playing catch-up.
- How the US is playing into the hands of the Salafiyeen | Sean Rocha
- Meet the New Boss | Foreign Policy
Steve Cook makes the case for the US in MENA.
- Broad Thoughts on Algeria’s New Cabinet | The Moor Next Door
- Activists launch signature campaign to disband Constituent Assembly
But govt says ready by end-Oct
- Bruce Whitehouse · What went wrong in Mali? · LRB 30 August 2012
- Richard Seymour · The Uses of al-Qaida · LRB
- Megan Reif: Arab Uprisings vs. Anti-Film Riots
Academic analyses protest sizes.
- Daily chart: The situation in Syria | The Economist
- Rights group condemns detention of Copt over video | Egypt Independent
- Israel's El Al 'looks to end Cairo flights' | Egypt Independent
No commercial justification.
- Nour Party election results announced in two days | Egypt Independent
- Jama’a al-Islamiya asks Morsy to cancel US visit | Egypt Independent
- Muftah » An Eager Iran & Hesitant Egypt
- An American Ambassador Who Plunged Into Arab Life
NYT profile of "Krees" Stevens.
- Syria's displaced fear homelessness as school year starts | Reuters
Meanwhile, something really outrageous is going on.
- Libyans protest to apologize for attack on Stevens
- The Gang That Can't Shoot Straight
On Syria's opposition.
- Violences anti-américaines : Tunis refuse d’admettre des défaillances sécuritaires - TUNISIE - FRANCE 24
- Cairo Protests: What They Reveal About Egypt Without Mubarak | World | TIME.com
- Egypt, Not Libya, May Be Bigger Challenge for White House - NYTimes.com
- The U.S. Embassy to Egypt's Oddly Informal Twitter Feed - Max Fisher - The Atlantic
- White House clarifies Obama’s statement that Egypt is not an ‘ally’ | The Cable
- Breaking Down the Attack on the US Embassy in Cairo