- History Repeats Itself as Tragedy - By Tom Blanton | Foreign Policy
The must-read secret #Pentagon memo on #Syria's 1982 massacre
- Syrian Revolution Digest: The Shredded Tapestry: The State of Syria Today
Read Ammar and Khawla's comprehensive brief on the state of Syria today:
- Egyptian Leader Mohamed Morsi Spells Out Terms for U.S.-Arab Ties - NYTimes.com
- MEI Editor's Blog: Now That You Have the Demotic Dictionary, You Need a Grammar
- How The Arab Spring Killed Hezbollah | The New Republic
A deserved jab but premature surely.
- Family Protests CNN's Use of Slain Envoy's Journal - WSJ.com
- Report: Egypt’s chief forensic doctor says Mubarak is well, has never had a stroke
- Statehood Bid One Year Later: No State, No Bid, No Freedom
- The Jamestown Foundation: A New Egypt Looks to China for Balance and Leverage
- BBC News - Libya: Islamist militia bases stormed in Benghazi
- Is the Israel Lobby really dead? | Stephen M. Walt
Walt slams Rothkpof's ridiculous piece.
- Child torturers of the Sinai desert: Horrific footage reveals human traffickers are even targeting BABIES to get families to pay ransoms | Mail Online
- Israel teams with terror group to kill Iran's nuclear scientists, U.S. officials tell NBC News - Rock Center with Brian Williams
NYT: "by most accounts, MEK has not carried out violent attacks for many years" - except:
- Inside the Muslim Consciousness | Atlantic Council
Nader Bakkar, hectoring, sanctimonious and conspiratorial.
- Syrian blogger burned to death | Media | guardian.co.uk
Syrian blogger burned to death #netfreedom #syria
- ys Abul-Fotouh - Ahram Online
As if he would have done anything differently.
- UAE to try 60 Brotherhood members for plotting regime overthrow | Egypt Independent
- Egypt's Constituent Assembly agrees Morsi to continue four-year term - Ahram Online
- Tunisia Islamist chief vows crackdown on Salafists
- The Struggle for Security in Eastern Libya - Carnegie
- Jordan Going Darker | Marc Lynch
- Said Aburish: Writer whose works shed much valuable light on affairs of the Middle East
- Chroniques du délitement. 1 / La famille Al Assad entame son auto-nettoyage
Defections from Assad family
- Morocco Cracking Down on Pro-Democracy Activists - Al-Monitor
- Kuwaiti Raid Arrests Over 2,000 In Iranian, Shiite Neighborhood - Al-Monitor
- Turkey: The PKK and a Kurdish Settlement - International Crisis Group
- Benghazi police refuse to serve under new chief | Libya Herald
- How Much Did Cairo’s Protests Cost?
- Morsy in Beijing: Implications for America’s Relations with China and the Islamic World | Middle East Institute
- Jordan Limits Protests, and Internet, as Tensions Simmer - NYTimes.com
- Tunisian Government to Cover Costs of Damage to US Embassy and American School : Tunisia Live
- Turkey Rocked by Wave of Attacks as Syria Fallout Emboldens PKK - Bloomberg
- An Open Letter to the United States of America
- The amazing mural on Mohamed Mahmoud that was just painted over | Sean Rocha
- Abbas govt protests Egypt invite to Hamas PM - Ahram Online
- Nationalism and Anti-Japan Demonstrations in China
much bigger than embassy riots.
- A country of extremists
Sandmonkey goes to town on Islamists. Kapow!
- Jordan strives to cope with Syria refugees - FT.com
- Rights group: New police powers law recreates Mubarak-era emergency regime - Ahram Online