Links 28 August - 5 September 2012
I have to remember to do these more often...
- The “Anti-Imperial” Left, its own worst enemy. Two case studies-Galloway and Abu Khalil « Amjad of Arabia
Nails AbuKhalil on the "Soviet spies did it for free" idea.
- IPS – Evidence in Delhi Embassy Bombing Suggests Journalist Was Framed – Part 1* | Inter Press Service
Great reporting by Gareth Porter.
- Mursi Hearts Qutb « salamamoussa
- Egypt’s Economic Struggle - NYTimes.com
NYT oped backs Egypt aid.
- Five Challenges Facing Egypt's Liberals - Al-Monitor
- Commentary: Morsi's Doomed Syria Plan | The National Interest
- Freedom and Reform at Egypt's Universities - Carnegie
By our own @1ursulina
- Ex-Official Farouk Hosni Charged With Corruption in Egypt - NYTimes.com
- New Statesman - Pragmatism will rule President Morsi's new foreign policy in Egypt
- An Account from Young Moroccan Political Prisoners: Rape and Torture in Police Custody
- Op-ed: My ‘neo power marriage’
Ethar El-Katatney: great read.
- Egypt pound weakens to 7-year low - Ahram Online
But Morsi promised!
- Egypt's banks are ripe for picking | Reuters
- Iran opens main nuclear plant to a foreign leader for first time - Haaretz
To the president of Mongolia.
- Al-Nour Party raises its members’ political awareness - Daily News Egypt
- Scandal of Mubarak regime millions in UK | guardian
More on UK-Egypt scandal.
- BBC News - UK 'fails to freeze' Mubarak-era assets
London dragging its feet?
- Lettres de Syrie (13) | Un oeil sur la Syrie
Heart-wrenching letters from Syria.
- The Unheard Struggle in Egypt | The Majalla Magazine
Strikes and labor activism.
- The New Fun-Pak-Sized Egyptian Emergency Law: Mekki | Eric Schewe
- SPECIAL: The UAE’s Abandoned People « REBEL ECONOMY
- Tunisia plans sale of Ben Ali assets - FT.com
One of the best moves of the Tunisian revolution - but how will they manage it?
- L'avenir incertain des chrétiens de Syrie
- Anthropologists Writing About Copts In Postrevolutionary Egypt
- Field of dreams: Israel’s natural gas - FT.com
- Religious Education and Pluralism in Egypt and Tunisia - Carnegie
- Op-ed:Morsi’s excellent adventure
"he’s yet to shake off the portly-dad who-won-a-raffle-for-the-presidency look"
- Occupy Mecca
free it from the al-sauds.
- The First NAM Summit, Bandung 1955: Nasser Takes the World Stage
- ElBaradei's Constitution Party officially founded
- Friedman's sermon
Walt chines in.
- An Interview With The Syrian Support Group's Brian Sayers