Links 21-29 January 2013
- Black Bloc protesters vow to use violence - FT.com
- Activists Claim ‘Massacre’ in Syria as Refugee Exodus Swells - NYTimes.com
- Next, the hard bit | Bridges from Bamako
- BBC News - Egypt's army chief warns of 'state collapse' amid crisis
- Escalating Protests Spring from Enduring Problems | Atlantic Council
- Kafr El Sheikh sees more deaths, injuries as Egypt-wide clashes continue - Ahram Online
- Egypt is paying the price for a history of urban neglect – Telegraph Blogs
- US still backing Morsi as army remains quiescent - Ahram Online
Seething undertone of rage in this piece.
- U.S. Plans Base for Surveillance Drones in Africa - NYTimes.com
- Inside the war for Syria's mountains
- The opposition’s lost bet on the economic crisis | Egypt Independent
- Kuwait Cracks Down on Dissent, Twitter - Al-Monitor: the Pulse of the Middle East
- Egypt unrest: enter the vicious cycle | beyondbrics
- Au Mali, le plus dur reste à faire : aller chercher AQMI dans ses sanctuaires
Le Monde says Algeria has shut the border with Mali, gasoline not getting across:
- Police officers in four governorates threaten strike | Egypt Independent
- The perils of identity politics in Tunisia - Opinion - Al Jazeera English
- Omar Abdel Rahman: The push to free the imprisoned Islamist extremist - The Washington Post
- Gendarmes, militaires, hommes politiques impliqués, La drogue gangrène le Maroc | Nation |
- Egypt’s Transition Needs Some Quiet U.S. Help - Bloomberg
The editors of Bloomberg seem laughably misinformed about Egypt.
- On Revolt’s Anniversary, Egypt Needs Economic Miracle - Bloomberg
By former MinFin Samir Rafwan
- Palestinians Lose Israeli Election | The Onion - America's Finest News Source
- Al Hayat-Morocco: About to Legalize the ‘Justice and Charity’ Group?
- Brotherhood youth say tight structure is the key to its success | Egypt Independent
Excellent piece on MB at structure.
- Egypt violence illustrates tortuous transition - FT.com
- Le Figaro : Port-Saïd, capitale égyptienne de l'ultraviolence
- No police officers sentenced to death in Saturday Port Said ruling | Egypt Independent
Details of murder charges quite specific + nicknames.
- Egypt: Publish Fact-Finding Committee Report | Human Rights Watch
- The Supreme Constitutional Court in Post-Revolution Egypt --- by Nathan J. Brown
- Great Sanhuri’s Ghost! - By Nathan J. Brown | The Middle East Channel
- Tunisia: Draft Constitution of 14 Dec 2012 | ConstitutionNet
- Alber Saber: Brotherhood will drive the people to secularism - Daily News Egypt
- UAE to try 94 over 'plot to seize power' - Middle East - Al Jazeera English
- Born from Slavery, a Libyan Town Falls in Revolution | Al Akhbar English
A very good article on Misrata and Tawergha.
- Muslim Brotherhood member shot dead in Libya | News , Middle East | THE DAILY STAR
- The IMF Misunderstanding in Egypt | REBEL ECONOMY
- The Muslim Brotherhood's Militias in Action: A Firsthand Account