From the recent anti-Morsi protests. By Justin Merriman (click to go to his site)
- The Meaning of Yair Lapid
Good piece on the recent Israeli elections.
- Hostage Accounts Detail Events at Saharan Gas Plant - NYTimes.com
Militants wanted to blow up plant.
- In new twist, prosecutors now claiming other protesters stripped, beat man | Egypt Independent
- Abdel Moneim Said named new chairman of Al-Masry Al-Youm | Egypt Independent
- Chaos in Egypt: Tahrir squandered | The Economist
- Egypt’s $1.5 Billion U.S. Aid Questioned Amid Crackdown - Bloomberg
In which US officials and lawmakers do a lot of pretending.
- The Former President of Tunisia Is Selling His Ferraris, Lamborghinis, and Dolce & Gabbana Suits | VICE
- Gulf states hand Morocco first chunk of $2.5 bln aid package - AlertNet
- Why fault the barricades? - Opinion - Ahram Online
- AFP: Algeria's ruling party votes to oust leader
Algeria's ruling party votes to oust leader haters have out on Belkhadem
- Tunisia renews state of emergency amid terror fear | Stars and Stripes
- Notes from the Underground: Morsi's State
- الوطن | تمرد «الأمن المركزى» يصل مرحلة «الإضراب وعصيان الأوامر»
CSF feeling mutinous.
- Court rejects appeal for blogger convicted of contempt of religion
- Eight governorates experience power outages
- Egypt’s Frightening Food Divide
- Justice for sale | Egypt Independent
- Under Attack, Cairo Hotel Tweets an S O S - NYTimes.com
Great account of Semiramis saga.
- Suez: born and bred on resistance | Egypt Independent
Good piece on Suez, touches on Islamist dynamics there.
- Protests in Egypt's Provinces Reveal a Malaise With Politics at the Center - NYTimes.com
My latest Latitude piece.
- Author Gamal al-Banna dies aged 93 | Egypt Independent
Gamal al-Banna passes away | good time as any to re-read his 1996 critical book "After the Muslim Brotherhood"
- Youssef Amrani s'exprime sur l'engagement du Maroc dans la résolution de la crise malienne - YouTube=
- Was There A January 25 Revolution?
- Brothers and Officers: A History of Pacts
- Energy: Danger money - FT.com
Consequences of In Amenas for oil industry.
- Mali: Life under Al Qaeda | GlobalPost
- Islamists Falter in Bid for Mali's Hearts and Minds - WSJ.com
Looting, cocaine, etc.
- How the Mali air war really went down
- Is fracking responsible for the flooding of an Upper Egyptian village? | Egypt Independent
- Lawrence of legend | The Majalla Magazine
Fine reminder by @Hugh_Pope of the flaws and fantasy in the hyped legend of Lawrence of Arabia
- Morsi cannot ignore Egypt’s new majority - FT.com
Brotherhood must not underestimate the youth’s desire for change, says @EzzedineCF
- منير فخرى ينصح جبهة الانقاذ احضروا الحوار الوطنى و افرضوا شروطكم و اخرجوا قولوا للناس الحوار فشل - YouTube
Leader from #NSF advising them to attend presidential dialogue then withdrew declaring its failure