Links 26-30 April 2013
- Space for Culture, Time for Art | Atlantic Council
On new cultural spaces in Cairo.
- Palestinian Film 'Condom Lead' Nominated for Cannes Award - Al-Monitor
- Free Arabs - BREAKING Wanted for atheism!
- Guest Post: “Tunisia is more than just Secular VS Islamist” | REBEL ECONOMY
Interview with Monica Marks
- Islamist Rebels’ Gains in Syria Create Dilemma for U.S. - NYTimes.com
- The Driver - By Mark Perry | Foreign Policy
On Imad Mughniyeh
- C.I.A. Delivers Cash to Afghan Leader’s Office - NYTimes.com
You know, the corrupt innefectual guy from the oil company who rigged his election.
- In Cairo, Rethinking the City From the Bottom Up - NYTimes.com
Nice piece but not sure that much more access to space now than before.
- Iraq suspends Al Jazeera broadcast operations - Al Jazeera English
- 32 Lessons From A Saudi Prince's Instagram
- Libya to help ease Egypt crisis with $1.2 billion oil deal | Reuters
On "soft credit terms".
- Iraq Alert - International Crisis Group
New report on sectarian divide in Iraq.
- Le harcèlement sexuel, la onzième plaie d'Egypte
- Egypt’s Ticking Time Bombs | REBEL ECONOMY
On the economy
- The Brotherhood’s Man in London | The Majalla Magazine
Interview with Syrian MB spox.
- Aboul Fotouh: One Man Fits All | Atlantic Council
A skewering of Aboul Fotouh.
- Roads blocked in Sinai - Daily News Egypt
- HOPE and FEAR - Egypt on the Tipping Point
A new film by Hossam Khedr.
- The Brotherhood's Bellwether? - Sada
Good piece on student elections in Egypt.
- Muftah » Sharia: Between the Constitutional and Symbolic Spheres in Egypt
- EuroMeSCo Paper 18: The End of the (Southern) Neighbourhood
Why the Europe's 'neighbourhood' approach towards Arab states makes no more sense
- How People in the Middle East Actually Use Social Media - Everette E. Dennis, Justin D. Martin and Robb Wood - The Atlantic
Social media use in 8 #Arab states:94% use #Facebook; 52% Twitter; 46% Google+ -Qatar's #Northwestern Uni survey …