Links 18-30 October 2016
- Majoritarian Syria: Justice in Conflict Resolution
Yassin Al-Haj Saleh
- IRIN | Torture, starvation, deprivation: life inside IS prisons in Libya
- The Globalization of Rage | Foreign Affairs
- The Skype sex scam - a fortune built on shame - BBC News
Morocco center of this scam.
- UAE's forward operating base in Libya revealed | IHS Jane's 360
- Why Clinton's plans for no-fly zones in Syria could provoke US-Russia conflict | The Guardian
So they should have been done before the Russians came in then?
- Sugar shortage in Egypt leaves a bitter taste | The National
Great piece by Patrick Werr getting to the heart of the problem.
- War in Translation: Giving Voice to the Women of Syria | Literary Hub
- Awaiting Next U.S. President: A Splintered Middle East in ‘Free Fall’ - The New York Times
What's funny in this piece is that Obama's critics end up adopting Obama's cautious approach.
- Down by Law - Carnegie
Amr Hamzawy on Egypt's war on reality.
- Sixth Qatari Emir, the Man of Independence Passes away - ASHARQ AL-AWSAT
Sheikh Khalifa, overthrown by son, died.
- Egypt upholds Morsi's 20-year prison sentence - Al Jazeera
- Polish official claims Egypt sold warships to Russia for $1 | Fox News
Long-rumored way to get around French sanctions post-Crimea
- Egypt: Senior military official shot dead in Cairo - Al Jazeera
- The Decline of the West, and How to Stop It - The New York Times
Strobe Talbott and Javier Solana.
- Sweet-Toothed Egypt Endures a Sugar Crisis: ‘People Are Going to Snap’ - The New York Times