Links 1-18 February 2016
Your every-once-in-a-while, small batch, artisanal, handcrafted link dump. OK, this time it's meager returns, we've been distracted and have neglected this a bit.
- Egypt: Order to Shut Clinic for Torture Victims | Human Rights Watch
Nadeem Center, one of the best.
- Egypt orders arrest of Facebook administrator after unfaithful wives comments | Reuters
- Boutros Boutros-Ghali, Former U.N. Secretary General, Dies at 93 - The New York Times
- New Report of U.S.-Made Cluster Bomb Use by Saudis in Yemen - The New York Times
- A list of interesting new books (in English and Arabic) from the Cairo Book Fair
- Harried by police, Egypt's Brotherhood torn by divisions
@SameralAtrush with some rare MB quotes inside Egypt
- As Syria Devolves Further, Allies Criticize American Policy - The New York Times
- The Right Way to Intervene Against ISIS in Libya | Foreign Affairs
Wehrey and Lacher
- On Giulio Regeni and the cost of doing business in Egypt
- Khayam Turki : « Il existe un racisme social et régional en Tunisie »
Excellent interview with former Ettakatol leader
- En Egypte, fin de l’utopie pour les Frères musulmans
Good long piece.
- The one thing in Saudi Arabia that works well is under threat
Steffen Hertog on ARAMCO
- Syrie : dans l’univers fracassé de la Ghouta, la vie s’est organisée
- In Egypt, second life for independent trade unions
Giulio Regeni's last article
- Tunisia’s Periphery Rises Up Again
- To End Syria’s War, Help Assad’s Officers Defect - NYT
Seems a bit late.
- Al Jazeera Journo Mohamed Fahmy’s Egypt Hell Memoir ‘The Marriott Cell’ Being Developed Into Feature Film | Variety