Links 19 February - 4 March 2016
Link'em if you got'em.
- 1.5 Million May Die if Mosul Dam Fails
- Because Iraq doesn't have enough problems.
- Kamel Daoud : Mes petites guerres de libération | | 213 Info
Daoud puts down his pen, for now.
- Living-Room Democracy - The New Yorker
Peter Hessler on elections in Upper Egypt, insightful as always.
- Once I Saw Light in Iran. Now It’s Mostly Shadows. - NYT
- Hamas Commander, Accused of Theft and Gay Sex, Is Killed by His Own - NYT
- ‘Engineers of Jihad: The Curious Connection between Violent Extremism and Education’, by Diego Gambetta and Steffen Hertog — FT
- « Dans l’euphorie de la révolution, les blessures libyennes ont été sous-estimées »
Interview with Virgine Collombier
- Obama's Most Dangerous Legacy by David Cole | The New York Review of Books
- Photography: Leila Alaoui pointed her lens at those unseen | The Economist
- Keeping it in the family | The Economist
Too much first-cousin marriage in Arab world
- US Democrats criticise Terrorism Designation Bill to ban the Muslim Brotherhood
- H. R. 3892 [PDF]
U.S. bill to designate Muslim Brotherhood as a terrorist organization.
- ‘Engineers of Jihad: The Curious Connection between Violent Extremism and Education’, by Diego Gambetta and Steffen Hertog - FT.com
- The city where war is the best employer: life in liberated Aden | Cities | The Guardian
- Egypt president calls for new law to hold police accountable - The Washington Post
- L’Arabie saoudite veut cesser de financer l’armée libanaise, et compromet un contrat avec la France