Links 1-8 August 2016
- Netanyahu's New and Dishonest Vision of Peace: Without the Palestinians - Haaretz
Daniel Levy: "Netanyahu has no intention of pursuing genuine de-occupation, Palestinian enfranchisement and peace under any circumstances. In reality he is attempting to prove something quite different – namely that Israel can manage and upgrade its regional relations while at the same time pursuing an ever-more aggressive and egregious set of policies towards the Palestinians."
- Turkey Chooses Erdogan by Christopher de Bellaigue | NYR Daily | The New York Review of Books
Christopher de Bellaigue
- How a Secretive Branch of ISIS Built a Global Network of Killers - The New York Times
- Ethiopian regime under pressure as protests escalate - FT
Might be to Egypt's advantage.
- How Refugees Can Strengthen Economies
Research shows refugees aren't a drain, reports @ursulind in Al Fanar
- A Gloomy Egypt Sees Its International Influence Wither Away - The New York Times
Includes Issandr's thoughts.
- Egypt’s Christians lose patience with Sisi as attacks spike - FT