Links 1-17 September 2016
- The international school of Egypt’s military
The militarisation of late Mubarak neoliberalism.
- Libya intervention destroyed great power unity in rush to regime change | Middle East Eye
- Thursday, September 8, 20The Virtues of Sham: The Place of Syria in the Muslim Sacral Imagination | SyriaComment
- Obama & Palestine: The Last Chance by Nathan Thrall | NYR Daily
- Is the United States Giving Up on Supporting Democracy Abroad? | Foreign Policy
- Turkish intelligence unveils secret codes used before coup attempt -Hurriyet
- The Armed Forces and business: Economic expansion in the last 12 months | Mada Masr
- Migrants lured by sex into Egypt's backstreet kidney trade, says report | Reuters
- Did al Qaeda exchange former Pakistani army chief’s son for Zawahiri’s daughters?
- Revealing an Unknown Cairo by Claire Messud | The New York Review of Books
Review of Yasmine El Rashidi's novel.
- Distract Deceive Destroy: Putin at War in Syria
Atlantic Council report
- The Decay of the Syrian Regime is Much Worse Than You Think
War on the Rocks has, well, rocked on Syria from many different perspectives recently.