Links 10-24 January 2017
- US bombing in Libya was linked to Berlin truck attack - CNNPolitics.com
- La recherche du salut. La crise de l’État, de l’islam et de la modernité en Égypte
Review of Sherif Younes book by Tewfik Aclimandos
- DCAF - The Military, the Media and Public Perceptions in Egypt: Communication and Civil-Military Relations
- IMF Releases Egypt Loan Details: An Investors’ Guide - Bloomberg
- Algeria’s Discontented Middle Class - Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- America, You Look Like an Arab Country Right Now - POLITICO Magazine
- Egypt's military to enter pharmaceutical industry | Reuters
Because why not rather than fix industry problems.
- Arthur Snell · How to Read the Trump Dossier · LRB 17 January 2017
Interesting in how it explains the craft of intelligence.
- Erik Prince’s Mercenaries Are Bombing Libya
- Women Defy Saudi Restrictions in Video, Striking a Nerve - The New York Times
- ماجد العيسى - هواجيس | Majedalesa - Hwages - YouTube
The Saudi video doing the rounds right now - great stuff but also check out their past ones.
- Iraq’s Provincial Councils A New - And Dangerous - Political Battleground | Niqash
- Egyptians unimpressed by Sisi's promise of economic recovery | Reuters
- New restrictive measures to enter Sinai | MadaMasr
- Iran repopulates Syria with Shia Muslims to help tighten regime's control | The Guardian
- On the Arab page, by Jonathan Guyer (Le Monde diplomatique)
On art and comics in the Arab world.
- The Last of Their Kind? | salamamoussa
Maged Atiya reviews YBG's book about his family.