Links 14-28 February 2017
Last week we published this translation on Saudi Arabia's evolving policy towards Iraq and Iran, relevant in light of today's visit by Saudi FM Adel Jubeir to Baghdad - the first in 25 years by a Saudi FM.
And the links:
- Morocco and the African Union: Back into the Fold - Carnegie
- Egypt's parliament expels lawmaker critical of human rights record | Reuters
Outspoken Anwar Sadat out - Sisi doesn't want even token opposition.
- Egypt’s Economy Is in Crisis. So Why Is the Government Spending Millions on a Fancy New Space Agency?
- Tunisia Fears the Return of Thousands of Young Jihadists
- It’s ISIS, not ISIL, the Pentagon informs staff in new memo - The Washington Post
- Beware the Blob: How Not to Oppose Donald Trump - POLITICO Magazine
Rob Malley and Marc Lynch.
- Tom Stevenson · Flip-Flops and Kalashnikovs: In Libya · LRB 2 March 2017
- I Am a Member of the Muslim Brotherhood, Not a Terrorist - The New York Times
- Gehad Haddad
- Egypt's Forgotten Prisoners
- Why Moscow now sees value in Syrian local councils
- For a Trump adviser, an odyssey from the fringes of Washington to the center of power - The Washington Post
On Sebastian Gorka.
- Can E.U. Shift Migrant Crisis to the Source? In Libya, the Odds Are Long - NYT