Links 19-25 August 2017
Majda Rumi edition.
- How a Shadowy Imam Evaded Scrutiny and Forged the Barcelona Cell - The New York Times
- Washington's Unfocused Decision on Aid to Egypt - WINEP
- Cutting Off Cairo - Carnegie Middle East Center
- US aid cuts to Egypt 'will not alter Sisi's behaviour' | Egypt | Al Jazeera
- The limits of Egypt's role in the Syria crisis
- Q&A with Jalel Harchaoui: A Libyan ‘agreement’ in Paris? | MadaMasr
- Algeria’s Black Fear – Africa is a Country
- Egypt’s North Korea Connection | Project on Middle East Democracy (POMED)
- POMED Snapshot – Why Did the Arab Uprisings Turn Out as They Did? A Survey of the Literature | Project on Middle East Democracy (POMED)
- Trump has sent the right signal to Egypt. But there’s more he needs to do. - The Washington Post
Editorial says take aid away from Egypt and give it to Tunisia
- Saudi Arabia’s attempt at a Qatari coup backfired - now wait for the blowback | Middle East Eye
Interesting details on tribal influences - by Madawi al-Rasheed
- A New Tune on Women’s Rights in the Arab World - The New York Times
Shereen El Feki.
- Egypt imprisoned me for defending human rights. But I haven’t lost hope. - The Washington Post
Aya Hijazi calls for withholding US human rights aid
- Israel has a gas conundrum
Who's behind Dolphinus Holdings, the Egyptian consortium buying Israeli gas?