Links mid-February- 7 May 2018
Clearing a backlog of mostly stale links after a long absence from the blog. Maalesh.
- Israeli Operatives Who Aided Harvey Weinstein Collected Information on Former Obama Administration Officials
Against Iran deal
- Sending Arab troops to Syria a possibility, says Egyptian minister
- Running as Resistance in Occupied Palestine | MERIP
- Egypt battles to rein in debt
Heba Saleh interviews Egyptian Finance Minister Amr Garhy
- Ibn Khaldun: the man who invented modern history | Prospect Magazine
Interview with Robert Irwin.
- Egypt: Former top auditor sentenced to five years in prison
The latest of many outrages.
- Egypt: Looming Humanitarian Crisis in Sinai | HRW
- Votes for sugar
Tom Stevenson on the Sisilection
- Asma Lamrabet quits official post over women's inheritance rights
Moroccan feminist scholar of religion who @ursulind just profiled for @AlFanarMedia
- Elections en Egypte
Good radio show (FR) feat. Stephane Lacroix, Jean-Pierre Filiu, etc.
- Deep States in MENA | Middle East Policy Council
- How the Middle East is sowing seeds of a second Arab spring
- Egypt and Sudan: Diplomatic pacification, unresolved affairs | MadaMasr
- The Arab Spring’s Riskiest Legacy May Be Egypt’s Baby Boom - Bloomberg
- Kidnapped Royalty Become Pawns in Iran’s Deadly Plot - The New York Times
- 'I'd rather die in my house': How Egypt’s 'successful' Sinai campaign starves locals | Middle East Eye
- The Working Group on Egypt’s Letter to General McMaster and Acting Secretary of State Sullivan
- No longer a secret: How Israel destroyed Syria's nuclear reactor - Haaretz
- Scholar Makes a Religious Case for Women’s Rights
@ursulind on Morocco's Asma Lamrabet
- I Knew the Cold War. This Is No Cold War. – Foreign Policy
- Russia's Favorite Syrian Warlord - The Atlantic
- Oppositions algériennes : au-delà du pouvoir
Said Sadi, former head of RCD party
- Who is Losing the Nile?
- L'Algérie tétanisée par un cinquième mandat de Bouteflika
Elites can't agree on a successor, so he stays.
- Why do white people like what I write?
Pankaj Mishra on Ta-Nehisi Coates; delicious if not altogether deserved attack on The Atlantic.
- 'Ensuring happier lives': Chinese media defends move to make Xi Jinping all powerful
This has relevance for MENA, esp. Egypt...
- Salman's Legacy | Hurst Publishers
New book edited by Madawi al-Rasheed.
- Officer in Egypt catches boy who falls from balcony; incident caught on video
- Witnessing the Collapse of the Global Elite - The Atlantic
Eliot A. Cohen.