Links 8-31 May 2018
- Jordan struggles for survival strategy in shadow of US-Israeli-Saudi axis | Middle East Eye
Sean Yom manages to make Jordan sound exciting.
- Climate change is making the Arab world more miserable
- Jordan's king freezes price hikes after days of protests
- Cambridge Analytica’s Parent Company Helped Shape Saudi Arabia’s Reform Movement
This is fascinating.
- Misery as Strategy: The Human Cost of Conflict
ICG's Caroline Flintoft
- Q&A – Tunisia in Transition: A Comparative View from Thomas Carothers
- Why Egypt Is at the Forefront of Hepatitis C Treatment
- Tunisia and the International Community since 2011: Rentierism, Patronage and Moral Hazard | Jadaliyya
- The Life Span of Alternative Media: Cases of Lakome and Mamfakinch in Morocco | Jadaliyya
- Kuwait's careful balancing act with Iran, Saudi Arabia
A primer by Hamad Albloshi
- A Century of Arab Art, Compressed Into a Book: @ursulind's review in @alfanar of a new and fascinating entry in @MuseumModernArt Primary Documents series
- Recognizing Annexation: Moving the US Embassy to Jerusalem
Joel Beinin for MERIP
- The arrest of an Egyptian satirist shines a light on the government's system of intimidation
- After dumping the nuclear deal, Trump has no strategy for Iran
Very good piece by Suzanne Maloney esp. on the inflated expectations of the JCPOA.
- The Brazen Bootlegging of a Multibillion-Dollar Sports Network
Great story by Tariq Panja.
- Egypt: The use of indefinite solitary confinement against prisoners amounts to torture | Amnesty International