> Violence in Egyptian society reaches alarming levels - The National Newspaper - Good piece on perception (reality?) of rising violence in Egypt. But I wonder if it's whether the violence that exists is more reported because of the changing media landscape.
Automatically posted links for December 12th through December 18th:
- Democracy Digest - Newsletter on democracy developments in Arab world and elsewhere, current issue has article on MB
- BBC World Service | 'Free to Speak' Events - Is new media the only truly independent media in the Arab world today?
- GWOT: Egypt - Negar Azimi on Egypt and the "Global War On Terror"
- Islamist calls for boycott of Egypt billionaire - "An Islamist shaikh on Monday called for a boycott of the companies of telecommunications billionaire Naguib Sawiris for speaking out against the influence of Islam on public life in Egypt."
- YEARENDER: In Egypt, unrest will spill over into 2008 - corrected : Middle East World - In the last few months of 2007, Egypt has experienced a series of massive workers strikes, motivated by none other than poor standards of living and lack of privileges, foreboding the beginning of a possible "uprising" by Egypt's poor.
- Incumbent Regimes and the ?King?s Dilemma? in the Arab World: Promise and Threat of Managed Reform - Carnegie report says political stagnation seen as more likely outcome if regimes not serious about reform
- Arab Reform Bulletin: December 2007 - Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- Beyond the FaÃ§ade: Political Reform in the Arab World - New book by Carnegie Endowment
- Le Monde.fr : Le 10 Ã©tait parfait pour le colonel Kadhafi - On Qadhafi's visit to Paris coinciding with international human rights day
- Anthropologists on the Front Lines - TIME - TIME looks at debates in academic community about Human Terrain Teams
- The Press Association: Army chief among Beirut blast dead - Michel Suleiman successor killed