4: The Manchurian Candidate
In this week's podcast, we discuss the "Constitution First" vs. "Elections First" debate in Egypt and Sheikh al-Azhar's proposal, the silence surrounding Syria and Bahrain, the ADC's attempt to prevent Syrian artist Malek Jandani from playing a pro-uprising song and review the autobiography of Egyptian ex-Muslim Brother and presidential candidate Abdel Moneim Aboul Fotouh, and wonder if he's really been kicked out of the group.
- AFP: Calls for mass rally to bring Egypt revolt 'back to basics'
- FT.com / Middle East / Politics & Society - Top Sunni body calls for democratic Egypt
- Syria Comment » Archives » Is Turkey a Shield? Assad to Speak about Reform on Monday
- ADC bans Syria freedom song - Blog - The Arabist
- Why the Muslim Brothers will brook no dissent