Links from my del.icio.us account for April 27th through April 29th:
- De-Radicalization in Egypt, Algeria, and Libya - Carnegie Endowment for International Peace - On deradicalization, ideological revisionism, etc. among jihadist groups in North Africa.
- Cairo's Avant-Garde - On the Townhouse Gallery and its artists.
- Al Jazeera English - CENTRAL/S. ASIA - 'Thousands escape' Pakistan clashes - "As many as 30,000 people have fled from a military operation against Taliban fighters in northwest Pakistan, a provincial minister has said."
- alquds alarabi - On Nubians threatening to take govt to court because of failure to deliver promises after construction of Aswan Dam. [Arabic]
- FT.com / Companies / Middle East & North Africa - Google aims for bigger Arab audience - "Less than 1 per cent of the internet’s content is in Arabic, while the world’s approximately 370m Arabs form more than 5 per cent of the global population. Internet usage has jumped 1,000 per cent over the past seven years in the Middle East, yet it still lags well behind other regions. Overall internet penetration has reached 10 to 12 per cent, although with the region’s large number of shared connections, up to 50 per cent of the population is estimated to have access to the net."