Links October 20th to October 22nd
Links from my del.icio.us account for October 20th through October 22nd:
- Daily News Egypt - NAZIF’S CLOSING REMARKS ECHO PEPPY TONE OF EUROMONEY - Peppy! And I love the last line of the piece: "There were no farmers or construction workers available at the conference to comment."
- Fatah says to accept Egypt plan for reconciliation - Nabil Shaath says reconciliation agreement nearly finalized
- Exhibition "Agatha Christie's Egypt: Life on the Nile in the 1930s" - If you're in San Francisco
- Forum for the futile?, Arab democrats ask | Democracy Digest - Pessimism on democracy in the Arab world
- Middlesboro Daily News > Opinion > Editorials > Fingernails in Egypt - Deep and probing questions on the mystery of the baladi fingernail fashion: "One thing I have yet to be able to understand about Egypt is the phenomenon of the long pinky fingernail."
- EGYPT: Hey, you're not dying! | Babylon & Beyond | Los Angeles Times - Glad to see the Hamdy Balala story picked up - too funny
- Time to resurrect the Arab peace plan | World news | guardian.co.uk - Ian Black makes the good argument that it's about time that the Beirut Declaration of 2002, ignored by Bush and Sharon, be used as a base for future Arab-Israel negotiations
- Sudan’s Southern Kordofan Problem: The Next Darfur? - ICG report warns about possibly yet another conflict in Sudan
- Obama: Powell will have a role in administration
(AP) - I don't like it. The guy discredited himself with the UNSC speech on Iraq. He had his chance.
- U.S. policies may have contributed to Iran revolution, study says - Los Angeles Times - Newly revealed archives showed US-Saudi oil price-fixing contributed to Shah's downfall