Links for June 26 - July 4 2010
I've been in Beirut with little time to get online over the last few days. Posting should be light over the next week too as more travel is planned, but in the meantime, here are the links...
- Netanyahu’s Warning to America: Palestinian Statehood Will Lead to “Second Mexico” Inside U.S.
- Police Raids School And Assault Clerks On A High Official Son Cheating Incident
High-level security official sends in police to get inspector who caught his son cheating.
- Red Team | Foreign Policy
US military considers alternative policies on Hamas and Hizbullah.
- 500 millions de dollars contre le Hezbollah
Feltman: US spent $500m on Lebanon (USAID, MEPI)... to counter Hizbullah.
- Why We Talk To Terrorists
On the stupid SCOTUS decision banning even talking to terrorists.
- Thomas Friedman - The Real Palestinian Revolution
Oh shut the fuck up Toto. Yet another parroting of Netanyahu. You can have institution-building and resistance at the same time, you know.
- Israeli Rules Out Palestinian State by 2012 - NYTimes.com
Or ever, if Lieberman has his way.
- The American Conservative -- Sinking Ship
Israel is "America's albatross" says John Mearsheimer.
- The Arabs and the Holocaust by Gilbert Achcar
Reviewed by Tariq Ali.
- Palestinians seek new partner: American Jews
Like every US client in the region. This wasn't even J Street, it was the hard lobby.
- Abdullah's No Reformer | Foreign Policy
- The collapse of Israel’s 'Periphery Doctrine' | The Middle East Channel
Policy of allying with non-Arab states a failure.
- Drafting a New Story: Women's Rights in the Middle East
A new blog.
- Billionaires Who've Lost BIG: 10 Titans Who've Watched Their Net Worth Plummet
Tom Friedman not billionaire anymore! #schadenfreude