Links 23-27 August 2012
Too many links...
- Trying to Understand MUJWA « al-Wasat – الوسط
- Egyptian President Seeks Regional Initiative for Syria Peace - NYT
Good antidote to WINEP BS on Egypt's FP.
- الإخوان المسلمون: سنوات ما قبل الثورة
Review of Hossam Tammam's "The MB before the revolution"
- New Left Project | Syria: Neither Riyadh nor Tehran but Popular Revolution
- Tripoli's Troubles to Come | MERIP
Syria comes to Lebanon.
- Dispatch: the Syrian ghost town that shows the future of Aleppo - Telegraph
- AP: Official: Egypt tells Israel tanks needed in Sinai
- America's Real Strategic Petroleum Reserve - By Amy Jaffe | Foreign Policy
- Disciplining Benjamin Netanyahu | Souciant
- UAE dismisses claims of repression
- Libya minister quits over shrine attacks - FT
- Egypt, Israel, Palestine
Deepening Egypt-Hamas security coordination on Sinai/Gaza strengthens Palestinian reconciliation efforts @CairoReview
- Drafting Constitutions
Drafting Egypt's Constitution by @khaledfahmy11 for @CairoReview
- Patrols help protect Egyptian women - FT
"A sort of secular liberal morality police"
- Egypt's Brotherhood sees first protests against their rule - Ahram Online
Very low numbers
- Egypt struggles to buy fuel as credit dries up | Reuters
Told you so.
- Whereabouts of journalist Austin Tice, McClatchy contributor, unknown in Syria | McClatchy
- Egypt Rising | The Majalla Magazine
- Egypt revolutionaries to steer clear of Friday's anti-Brotherhood rally - Ahram Online
Mess, mess, mess.
- Morsi Issues a Law Preventing Pretrial Detention of Journalists
- Pervasive Use of Mubarak's Legislation to Control Egypt's Media | Atlantic Council
- Goran Tomasevic's Photos in Syria - NYTimes.com
More sobering Syria photography.
- Salafists and Shiites Vie For Influence in Tunisia - Al-Monitor
In which an Ennahda official complains of both Shia and Salafi proseletyzation
- The Syrian Diaspora in Israel Watches Aleppo Fall to Ruin in the Civil War – Tablet Magazine
Jewish Aleppo, Lost Forever a fascinating piece by @ibnezra
- Egypt’s Liberals: Caught Between Resistance and a Failure to Communicate
- Update: IMF loan violates Sharia, says Nour Party
- Le correspondant de l’AFP agressé par des policiers - Reporters sans frontières
Omar Brouksy attacked by police at peaceful demo.
- Israel’s Worries About Egypt Deepen - NYTimes.com
- Robert Fisk: 'No power can bring down the Syrian regime' - The Independent
More reporting with the Syrian army.
- Republic of feelings and rituals - Ahram Online
- BBC News - Chemical weapons 'excuse for US to intervene in Syria'
- Egypt’s Morsi appoints Christian, woman and Salafist to presidential team: Brotherhood TV channel
- « Il y a charia et charia » - Les blogs du Diplo
BHL brain explosion.
- Islam and alcohol: Tipsy taboo | The Economist
Drinking on the rise.
- Obama issues military threat to Syria
Basically doubledares revels to get hold of CW
- Teen reportedly commits suicide in Latakia after being raped in detention