The first round of Egypt's referendum on the draft constitution rushed through by Islamist forces has taken place, resulting in a narrow win for Islamists in early results. Our guest Hossam Bahgat, Director of the Egyptian Initiative for Personal Rights, helps us decode the trends, processes, and politics of the current crisis and how it might unfold.
- Egyptian Initiative for Personal Rights
- Why The "MB Militias" Are Not An Exaggeration
- The Best Thing You'll Read Today On Egypt - our post on Ellis Goldberg's piece on the MB's over-reach.
- Analysis of Round 1 of December 2012 Constitutional Referendum by Ducoht.org
- Issandr's interview on NPR