41: The Terrible Twos
More chaos and mayhem in Egypt over the weekend on the second anniversary of the January, 25 2011 uprising. Is Egypt becoming ungovernorable? What do the protestors want, can the opposition come up with a credible position, is the Muslim Brotherhood even interested in negotiating? Has the polarization created in late 2012 over the new constitution and Morsi's decree created an irreversible dynamic towards more repression, chaos, and instability? So many questions, so few clear answers — but we give it our best shot.
- The surprising priorities of Egypt’s public - fairness of judiciary a #1 priority for Egyptians, according to poll
- Two days of protests and violence leave Egypt on edge - Ahram Online
- Thugs, misleading media and opposition behind Friday turmoil: Brotherhood - Ahram Online
- Egypt's National Defence Council 'reserves right to declare state of emergency' - Ahram Online
- Protesters killed in Suez shot from behind and at close range: Head of forensics - Ahram Online
- MB and FJP Leaders Condemn Political Parties Justifying Violence - Ikhwanweb